On 09/12/11 14:01, Martin J. Evans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If anyone is around who wrote or has worked on the object/collections
> support in DBD::Oracle I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take a
> quick look at this problem as the code in DBD::Oracle for this has
> defeated me so far.
>
> The problem is I have a query which uses types and collect and
> although it works fine initially once it has been run a number of
> times in the same connection it eventually goes from a 3s fetch time
> to a number of minutes. I have reduced it to the example below.
>
> I can run this code all day long in sqlplus without a problem so I
> don't think it is an Oracle issue.

I have been re-writing parts of the of the object/collections
support with a view to correcting aspects of the storage management.
The existing code has some store drains, and some incorrect
freeing of Perl SVs, which can lead to crashes.

The changes I have made so far do not fix your problem, but
the problem might provide me with a useful test case.

Do you find, as I do, that you can chase your problem away by
adding 'NOT FINAL' to the end of each of the specifications
of the two objects (as opposed to collections)? I find this
helps with my version of the code. This intrigues me.
I would expect non-final types to be handled worse, not better.

--
Charles Jardine - Computing Service, University of Cambridge
c...@cam.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1223 334506, Fax: +44 1223 334679