Well I wrote the code in DBD::Oracle for embedded objectes/types so I am the
one to blame for that. From the SQL and connection string below looks like you
are using the Oralce sql extensions to get the data back and not the native
DBD::Oracle/OCI  object selections so we might be looking at something else in
DBD::Oracle.  Will have to load this puppy up and have a look at the verbose
trace

Will have to wait till monday though swamped with SlJs here today

Cheers
John Scoles