On 02/27/12 02:02, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:50:37 -0500, Yanick Champoux
<champ...@pythian.com>  wrote:

>    [OTHERS]
>    - change the shebang line of examples to the more modern '/usr/bin/env
>  perl'

Personally I really really hate this change

Fair enough. This being said, I have to point out that the change is only on the scripts in the 'examples/' directory, which are not installed as part of the distro.

Perl has been configured to use $Config{startperl}. Use it!
        I'm not sure I understand how you would like me to use it.  I know
that, if we ask nicely, MakeMaker and Module::Build will change the  shebang of
scripts that are to be installed to the local location of perl, but typically
things that are not to be installed are left alone. Do you propose that the
example directory get munged as part of the 'perl Makefile.PL' stage? Or do you
know of a static shebang that goes straight for $Config{startperl} ?

Joy,
`/anick

--
Yanick Champoux, Senior Perl Developer
The Pythian Group - love your data

Pythian proud winner of Oracle North America Titan Award for Exadata Solution...watch the video on pythian.com