On Thu, 16 May 2002 16:59:15 -0400 Jonathan Gines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have 2 scripts below, where DBI is used in the former and DBI and CGI is
> used in the latter.  The first script connects fine via command line, and
> the latter fails to connect, but using the same DBI code from the
> former.  I'm puzzled and RTFM before deciding to send this email.  Can
> anyone shed any light on why my script fails to connect when using
> CGI.pm?

The process that runs a CGI script is usually a restricted privilege
account that certainly has different uid, gid, and environment variables
than your command prompt session.

Make sure the account running the webserver has set all the necessary
environment varialbles and has the necessary permissions for DBI,
DBD::Sybase, and any shared libraries they use.

This is a CGI FAQ, not a DBI issue.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html