The account is able to access the database given the same args in
DBI->connect.  I have written several CGI programs and lots of DBI
programs, but this is the first script using DBI and CGI together, where
either CGI works (using CGI.pm and instances created from CGI.pm), or DBI
works via command line, but not in the same script using the CGI  package:(

I'm uncertain if there are system env variables that should be set on the
webserver.  I'm sure its something simple that I'm overlooking, but I don't
know what it is.