> On Sep 17, 2016, at 7:41 AM, Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>   Couple of things I have noticed that seem off to me and might be an issue???
>
>   1.       after unpacking the instant client files into
> c:\oracle\instantclient_12_1 (set as ORACLE_HOME)
>   I do NOT have a "lib" or "rdbms/lib" subdirectory - am I missing something?
> I have been using
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib and I see it and the rdbms/lib referenced
> in LD_RUN_PATH but those
>   directories do not exist. If it were a problem I sure would expect some
> sort of error message but
>   nothing jumps out at me???

It’s been a while but IIRC the Windows Instant Client just dumps everything
into a single directory (at least as of the last version I installed, which
would be 11.2) try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and any other needed environment
vars to just $ORACLE_HOME.

The first step before trying to get DBI working is getting SQLPlus to work. Bet
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH fix above fixes that as well.

Don’t forget you also need to get the additional *Instant Client Package -
SDK", since that has the header files needed to compile DBD::Oracle.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona