On 11/25/2013 02:18 PM, Petar Ristoski wrote:
> We are happy to announce the first version of the DBpedia as Tables tool
> [1].

> Any feedback is welcome!

> [1] http://wiki.dbpedia.org/DBpediaAsTables

Thanks Petar,

your CSV files are really helpful.

For all who want to import data into Postgresql, I've written a python
script which automatically creates the SQL corresponding to the CSV:

https://gitorious.org/dbpedia_csv2sql/dbpedia_csv2sql

The column types (ofter arrays) are inferred from your headers and the
data rows; indexes are also created.

(If people here find this script useful, I could also package it for
pypi and improve documentation a bit.)

I was assuming that your files are encoded in UTF-8, which worked, but I
didn't find either a '""' or a '\"' inside a field value, so I don't
know how a '"' would be encoded, if there were one. Also for a
multi-value field (e.g. '{1|2|3}') I don't know how '{', '|' and '}' are
encoded, if they appear within one of the values. - Maybe you could add
some documentation on that.

In your data I found 2 format problems (I don't think my download went
wrong, but anyway, a checksum might be helpful):

* Film.csv seems to have no headers (it has 20004 lines for me).
* Aircraft.csv: the 2nd last row (
"http://dbpedia.org/resource/Marinens_Flyvebaatfabrikk_M.F.10";
) has too many columns.

All other files (except owl#Thing.csv and Agent.csv, which I didn't
check due to size and column number) were ok.

I also noticed another thing, not concerning your tool, where some
parser maybe could be optimized:
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Americas
has language="American (but see [[#English usage"

Regards,
ibu