Hi Aleksander,

On 3/19/14, 7:21 PM, apoh...@o2.pl wrote:
> Dear DBpedia creators,
>
> I am wondering about two issues connected with the properties extracted
> from the infoboxes and mapped to DBpedia ontology predicates.
> The first one is the absence in some of the predicates' definitions
> domains and ranges - e.g. [1], [2].
I think this is mainly due to the crowdsourcing nature of the ontology.
Contributors may neglect domain/range constraints while adding a new
ontology item.
> Shall I assume that I should consult
> schema.org (which doesn't have the full definitions BTW) in order to
> check the requirements?
Only if there is an equivalence statement between DBpedia and schema.org
AND schema.org defines domain/range constraints.
> The second observation is connected with the fact, that many of the
> extracted properties are not compatible with the constraints. E.g. [3]
> Mens (band) has a hometown property [4], which according to its
> definition [5] has a domain restricted to People.
>
> Are there any ongoing efforts to fix these issues? How could I help with
> them (e.g. by providing the appropriate domain/range definitions)?
I think @Heiko can give you more details, cf. his paper [1].

Cheers!

[1] http://www.heikopaulheim.com/documents/iswc2013.pdf

> Kind regards,