Hi Jona,

I just want to make one thing clear - if either domain or range has a owl:Thing
"constraint" you don't export that information to the dbpedia.owl? E.g.
location [1] has a owl:Thing constraint for its domain, but it is not available
in the dbpedia_3.9.owl file. It is a problem, since it is not possible to tell
apart missing constraints from a "constraint" that accepts any kind of object.

Cheers,
Aleksander

---- Wł. Pt, 21 mar 2014 00:11:07 +0100 Jona Christopher
Sahnwaldt<j...@sahnwaldt.de> napisał(a) ----

 On Mar 19, 2014 7:24 PM, "apoh...@o2.pl" <apoh...@o2.pl> wrote:

 > Dear DBpedia creators,
 >
 > I am wondering about two issues connected with the properties extracted
from the infoboxes and mapped to DBpedia ontology predicates.
 > The first one is the absence in some of the predicates' definitions
domains and ranges - e.g. [1], [2]. Shall I assume that I should consult
schema.org (which doesn't have the full definitions BTW) in order to check the
requirements?
 > The second observation is connected with the fact, that many of the
extracted properties are not compatible with the constraints. E.g. [3] Mens
(band) has a hometown property [4], which according to its definition [5] has a
domain restricted to People.

 > Are there any ongoing efforts to fix these issues? How could I help with
them (e.g. by providing the appropriate domain/range definitions)?
 Are you aware of the DBpedia mappings wiki? Maybe that's a dumb question.
Anyway, once you have a user account, you can add the domain/range here:
 http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/OntologyProperty:Genre
 and fix the domain (maybe change it from Person to its superclass Agent?) here:
 http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/OntologyProperty:Hometown

 JC