Deferring to Wikipedia is definitely one of the things that DBpedia should do,
but that cannot be done completely blindly.

For example, Guantanamo Naval Base uses the military structure infobox, but
there is no way that the entire base can be considered to be a military
structure.Either a different infobox should be used in Wikipedia or the
mapping rule in DBpedia adjusted. On the other hand, the subclass relationship
between military structure and building is entirely from DBpedia.  Military
structures are not necessarily buildings, so the DBpedia ontology should
becorrected here.

The situation with Church and its siblings isindicative of the choices faced.
Wikipedia defines church as"a religious institution, place of worship, or
group of worshipers, usually Christian". None of these are necessarily
buildings, but many Christian places of worship are buildings. The instances
of Church in DBpedia are largely populated from the French Wikipedia infobox
Édificereligieuxwith type containing "glise". These entities all appear to be
buildings.So in the end it seems reasonable to defer to Wikipedia here, and
use the Church class for church buildings. Changing the name of the class to
Church_(building) should also be done, but it may be that this is not worth
worrying about, aslong as there is a comment that Church is for church
buildings.

Monasteryis populated in a very similar manner, but quite a few monasteries in
French Wikipedia are not buildings, and not even architectural structures. To
fix this problem requires moving Monastery outof Buildingand even out of
ArchitecturalStructure. This is a change that I feel must be made, even though
it goes counter to the indications in the infobox name.

peter