Samuel Thibault (2023/09/04 22:12 +0200):
> I don't mean it's not implemented. I mean in the tests one can make,
> Orca doesn't happen to be doing anything with them.  For *whatever*
> reason that might lie between the actual braille device and Orca.

Yes yes, I'm following you now.

> > Unless there is a regression that happened in Orca and has somehow
> > been masked?
>
> Or in whatever is between the device and Orca.
>
> > Even theprecedence mechanism is not that old, probably newer than a2
> > and thus even if a2 is there for a long time it's not such a long time
> > it cantake precedence over Orca when there are widgets they both know
> > how to render, right?
>
> Without actually taking the time to actually *inspect* what is
> happening, I'll just stop making any more guesses, it's a loss of time
> from all of us.

Yes yes, sorry, wie will stop guessing. Apologies, I was just thinking
out loud because it was the easiestthing to do.

> > > But again, which version of brltty are you using?
> >
> > 6.6-2
>
> So when brltty-x11 is not installed, you do not have a second brltty
> running, right?

Right. Only one brltty running.

But, my observations differ from those reported by Roberto. On my
system, things continue to work even once brltty-x11 has been purged and
the system has been restarted.

Hoping it helps, here is the relevant bit of /var/log/apt/history.log:

Start-Date: 2023-09-04  13:31:57
Commandline: apt install orca
Upgrade: orca:amd64 (43.1-1, 44.1-2)
End-Date: 2023-09-04  13:32:00

Start-Date: 2023-09-04  14:23:50
Commandline: apt install brltty-x11
Install: brltty-x11:amd64 (6.6-2)
Upgrade: python3-brlapi:amd64 (6.5-7, 6.6-2), xbrlapi:amd64 (6.5-7, 6.6-2),
libbrlapi0.8:amd64 (6.5-7, 6.6-2), brltty:amd64 (6.5-7, 6.6-2)
End-Date: 2023-09-04  14:24:08

Start-Date: 2023-09-04  22:18:36
Commandline: apt purge brltty-x11
Purge: brltty-x11:amd64 (6.6-2)