Hey John,

> The gist is: A lot of projects don't test their code on systems with
separate
> /usr partitions anymore, so things get silently broken.

I don't have separate /usr, just single / (ext4) partition, and just
separate /boot (ext2), and still systemd fails to mount this /boot file
system, similar to Michael issue. So, I dont think it is really related to
separate /usr vs non separate /usr.

PS. On my amd64 system with systemd, I do have separate /usr, and it does
work.

Regards,
Witold

--
Witold Baryluk
My PGP keys for 2017-02-17 - 2019-02-17: