Kushal Koolwal wrote:
Thank you for your response!

You are welcome.

I (Basile) suggested:
You could set up a chroot-ed 32 bits Debian on your 64 bit machine and
compile Debian inside.
Apologize for being ignorant but will I be to do "make xconfig" in the chroot environment or will I have to rely on the "make menuconfig"?

It depends of your schroot-ed environment, and basically of the amount of disk space you spend on it (you don't need a separate partition, it could be a subtree). The debootstrap package & command is helpful to install it. Don't forget to read its man page before running it. Then you'll need to bind mount essential filesystems like /proc & /tmp and to install several important package in your schroot-ed 32 bits system.
Then you should be able to run any X11 clients in 32 bits mode.

I have a separate partition for my /Lenny32 (but again, I could have done without)
/dev/sdb1       /Lenny32        ext3    defaults        0       2
and my (real 64 bits system) /etc/fstab includes:
/proc   /Lenny32/proc  none   bind  0 0
/sys   /Lenny32/sys  none   bind  0 0
/tmp  /Lenny32/tmp none bind 0 0
/home  /Lenny32/home none bind 0 0
so my 32 bits schroot-ed system share /proc /sys /tmp /home with the original 64 bits system.

Regards.

membre de l'APRIL "promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre"
Rejoignez maitenant pplus de 3700 adhérents http://www.april.org