Hi,
I wonder if anyone could help me with an installation problem. I'm trying to
install Debian 2.2r2 from CD onto an AMD based PC. This is a completely
empty drive I'm installing to.

So far I have seen the black screen with the help pages (and read them),
pressed "enter", seen lots of info whizz past, and arrived at a credits
screen with the word "Continue" and a blinking cursor at the bottom of the
page, just waiting to be pressed..

Problem is I can't press that "Continue" button, so have never gotten past
this screen. No response to any keyboard or mouse commands from this screen,
including Ctrl-alt-delete: I have to reboot via the reset button. Of course
it did respond to the keyboard up until the "enter" command to start
installation.

System is an AMD Athlon processor with 256MB pc133 dram, a Seagate Medalist
drive 13GB
with a MS natural keyboard connected to the PS2 keyboard connector, and a
USB optical mouse connected to 'the first USB port. I don't know what other
system info might be relevant to this situation?

I am a complete beginner with Linux, though I have successfully installed
Red Hat on a previous machine and played with it a bit, and so I have a very
basic idea about what to expect of Linux.