Once I setup and install the system using the compact install option linux fails to boot.

I am installing on an old compaq proliant 2500 server.

I think its due to the fact LILO is not installed in the MBR but have not yet found a decent site to explain how to go about this.

I have managed to get it to stick at a flashing underscore after running the first disk.

Any help is much appreciated.

King College Hospital
Gary McAllister
Integration Engineer
EPR Team - Kings College Hospital
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they

[EMAIL PROTECTED]