Emanuele Rocca wrote...

> Any armel users out there? :-)

Fairly late, but just to avoid the impression there aren't any left:
Yes, here.

But that's not an objection against plans in Debian kernel and/or d-i,
I'm using my own kernel, and should I ever have the need of a new
installation, I know how to debootstrap and the rest.

Besides, the hardware is a Seagate DockStar, so

Architecture:           armv5tel
  Byte Order:           Little Endian
CPU(s):                 1
  On-line CPU(s) list:  0
Vendor ID:              Marvell
  Model name:           Feroceon-88FR131

and 128 Mbytes of RAM. Running Debian stable already requires some hacks
to not end up in thrashing, I might do a presentation "Running Debian on
small systems" some day about it.

In summary, I'm glad Debian keeps supporting this device - but I'm
aware the good times are in the past and it will very likely become
e-waste before the hardware dies. If not Debian ends the support, the
Linux kernel will.

    Christoph