Am Montag, 21. September 2009 09:15:04 schrieb Petr Salinger:
> > While the current status of Debian GNU/kFreeBSD is interesting, I
> > was quite disappointed there is no ZFS support in it (at least any
> > related tools).
> > Any plans to enable this support?
>
> End of http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2009/08/msg00130.html:
>
> If we still have more time I think we should probably have the
> following things working:
> - ZFS support. Kernel support should be there with the next kernel
>    upload, but there is still all the userland libs/tools to package.
> - Keyboard configuration with console-setup.

What about the GELI-tools for disk-encryption? Disk encrpytion is very
important for all kinds of setups from portable to file-server. I know
both many Debianers and many FreeBSD-users that encrypt all their
systems and would not use an OS that doesn't provide disk-encryption.
Kernel-Support is already there, only the tools are missing (which is
only the "geli" command actually). Geli has very good performance
(hardware accelerated if available) and is file system agnostic. That
means the FreeBSD-kernel is the only kernel that provides stable
ZFS+encryption.
That might make Debian GNU/kFreeBSD appeal to more people (and I could
use it on my Laptop ;) )!

Thanks,

Hannes