195 days is a lot of time to have an important package orphaned.  At 6 or
so months of "orphaned-ness", if a maintainer is not found, one should and
IMHO must look at the very real at that point possibility of going on
without it.  If this necessitates further changes as in removal of an
entire architecture, then I'd say that it's time to shit or get off the
pot, to use the vernacular.  It can't be too damned important if nobody
steps up and adopts it for ~6.5 months...  ATM, though, it's not a real
issue, but I think that in addition to the bug horizons, there needs to be
a wnpp check on a freeze: orphaned packages die during a freeze unless
adoped post haste (I can't remember if this means that silo would've died
during the potato freeze...).

--
Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a
damn.