Scripsit "Millis Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The upstream has since released a newer version under the GPL and has
> indicated to me a willingness to have the package called eMail.

> My question is if this change of capitalization acceptable to Debian, or
> would it still insist on a different package name?

A package in Debian cannot be called "eMail" - package names must be
all lower case (policy §5.6.6)

Having a package called just "email" would be very confusing for our
users. I suggest you qualify the package name with e.g. the author's
name [given that the author seems obstinately unwilling to give his
software a non-generic name] or something like that.

--
Henning Makholm            "Vi skal nok ikke begynde at undervise hinanden i
                    den store regnekunst her, men jeg vil foreslå, at vi fra