On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, David Nusinow wrote:
> We could deal with this problem if we were better at training and
> recruiting people to work on such things. We've been lucky in the
> XSF lately in getting enough hands to get the work done, but I don't
> think there's any clear forumla from our experience that could guide
> other teams to do the same. I'd love to find one though. If we could
> do a better job of steering people towards these important packages
> rather than their vanity package of the hour, I think everyone would
> benefit.

I think it's going to be in our long term interest to identify some
more of these packages that could use help and figure out what changes
(if any) need to be made to the BTS, documentation for those packages,
and anything else to help new people get into triaging these bugs.

Don Armstrong

--
It was said that life was cheap in Ankh-Morpork. This was, of course,
completely wrong. Life was often very expensive; you could get death