On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 04:13:27PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
Le vendredi 04 avril 2014 à 15:25 +0200, Stephan Seitz a écrit :
and modern hardware.
This is no longer a requirement in jessie, at least on x86 where
llvmpipe is now accepted as a GL engine.

Ah, thank you.

The default desktop should be moderate. If you want more eye
candy and bells and whistles you can install bigger desktop environments.
The default desktop should be functional and easy to use. I don’t call

Yes, and what means „functional”? XFCE is of course functional, heck, even fvwm is functional, and I know people who still use it because they only have one config file to copy to a new machine and their desktop is ready.

My mother is using Debian 6 with Gnome 2. I don’t know if I will ever
update this system. Gnome 3 is not a solution, and I’m not interested in
teaching XFCE.
Looks like you are deciding in place of your mother what is good for
her. And I don’t think you should in this case. GNOME 3 is very popular

Of course I do because she will ask me what she has to do now. She doesn’t try and she doesn’t experiment.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: s...@fsing.rootsland.net |