Philip Hands dixit:

>So, is what you are asking for that rather than simply deleting
>75-persistent-net-generator.rules, that it instead be moved to
>/usr/share/doc/udev/examples/ with a note suggesting that people
>not use it?

That would be sufficient. Ideally add a note on how to
use it (I see the new thing is in /lib/systemd (with a
comment that the location is due to udev, not systemd-
specific), not in /etc any more, so it clearly needs to
be overridden somehow, as we cannot delete things from
there as admin, except with a local diverson).

Even more great would be to put into the note instead the
situations when it should not be used, and the situations
in which it is “probably” safe (including “I’ve been using
it successfully on this particular hardware before” maybe),
plus – admittedly – a remark on that the new thing is still
probably better for many? most? users.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
15:39⎜«mika:#grml» mira|AO: "mit XFree86® wär’ das nicht passiert" - muhaha
15:48⎜<thkoehler:#grml> also warum machen die xorg Jungs eigentlich alles