On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 at 00:52, Dominik George <naturesha...@debian.org> wrote:

> > So, let's at least be consistent.
>
> Totally agree with that.
>
> Debian is not a collection of harmful content, it is an operating system.
>
> But, unfortunately, there are too many people in the project who think, in
> the name of "free speech", protecting racists, nazists, and anarchists is
> more important than protecting PoC, jews, or other minorities.

Coming from the country that started to ban some kinds of information
"to protect children", later transferring that to a whole wide
censorship, I'd support protecting 'free speech', which includes all
kinds of minorities: PoC, LGBTQ+ and anarchists, masochists, etc.

According to Debian's CoC we use non-offensive ways to communicate
within the project, so that everybody is welcome to speak and
contribute. But we should not censor software. If there is a
misogynistic comment in GNU HURD sources, should we censor it out?

--
With best wishes
Dmitry