On 2023-09-08 13:31:43 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2023-09-08 12:09:09 +0530 (+0530), Hideki Yamane wrote:
> [...]
> >  SPDX is led by the Linux foundation project, OpenChain for license
> >  compliance.
> [...]
>
> Unless I'm misreading, OpenChain follows the REUSE specification
> which acknowledges the sufficiency of "DEP5" formatted license info
[...]

Apologies for the confusion on my part. I see from the responses now
that I misunderstood the suggestion. If it's to normalize some of
the contents in copyright files in order to match SPDX identifiers
rather than adopt an entire new format, then I agree that makes a
bit more sense (though does seem like a daunting undertaking). FWIW,
there does already seem to be some attempt at alignment in the
current specification when it comes to handling things like
versioned licenses, and it refers back to the SPDX registry for
license texts.
--
Jeremy Stanley