Quoting Paul Wise (2023-09-09 09:18:59)
> On Fri, 2023-09-08 at 12:09 +0530, Hideki Yamane wrote:
>
> > Making appropriate debian/copyright file is hard and boring task, IMHO
>
> Using scancode-toolkit/etc can probably automate most of that work.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReviewTools

Yeah, although that page is aiming at debian/copyright format, not SPDX.

As an example, it does not cover (and I think it would be confusing to
add to it, at least as currently structured) how licensecheck also
supports producing SPDX shortnames e.g. like this (which generates a
slightly **broken** debian/copyright file sude to MIT/Expat difference,
so beware):

  licensecheck --check '.*' --recursive --deb-machine --lines 0
--shortname-scheme spdx -- *

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones