On Sat, Mar 09, 2024 at 01:43:18PM +0000, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> Hi Martin (2024.03.09_11:43:54_+0000)
> > thank you for this project, it looks very interesting. Would you also
> > support running ratt there? For some packages ratt often fails on my local
> > machines due to RAM constraints.
>
> We are building out the pieces that will lead to being able to
> reimplement ratt within Debusine.
>
> Running ratt as a single debusine job wouldn't make as much sense as
> running a single build for each changed reverse dependency.

Indeed.  The high-level goal for our second STF milestone is to add
generic support for this sort of automatic orchestration of QA tasks
across many packages, and we're currently working on the essential
building blocks for this.
https://salsa.debian.org/freexian-team/debusine/-/milestones/9 has
details, especially anything to do with "collections" or "workflows".

ratt as such isn't explicitly one of the funded developers' goals, and
we'll probably probably start with automating runs of lintian and
autopkgtest.  However, I expect in a couple of months we'll have enough
pieces to make it possible for Debian developers to build something like
ratt using debusine - probably in a "some assembly required" kind of way
at first.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwat...@debian.org]