Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> (2017-01-19):
> You can try downgrading the kernel, but I'd usually look at glibc first
> for DNS related issues.

Summing up things from IRC:
 - in an uptodate sid chroot (both development version and minimal one
   with daily-build script): no DNS issues with the generated mini.iso
   (amd64, tested within stable's kvm on amd64). My image was also
   tested successfully by Steve, so not a setup issue.

 - I can reproduce the issue with dailies from 2017-01-18, and from
   2017-01-19 (I picked it in advance during its build on barriere).

 - I can reproduce the issue in the above mentioned sid chroot if
   I downgrade these packages to testing's version (-9 → -8):
     sudo apt-get install libc6:amd64=2.24-8 libc6-dev:amd64=2.24-8
libc-dev-bin=2.24-8

 - The older set of libc* packages is installed in barriere's current
   amd64 sid chroot, too.

 - Steve could only produce broken images when building locally, until
   he upgraded his libc* packages as well.

→ Copying glibc@packages for the time being, even I suspect this will
  likely disappear entirely once -9 propagates…

KiBi.