On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:40:49AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> Consider this a suggestion to maintainers of packages that contain
> documentation that are under the GFDL, especially if it contains
> invariant sections.  Imagine if an Emacs user visited Info and saw this:
>
> * Menu:
>
> * Distrib::           How to get the latest Emacs distribution.
> * Copying::           The GNU General Public License gives you permission
>                         to redistribute GNU Emacs on certain terms;
>                         it also explains that there is no warranty.
> * GNU Free Documentation License:: The license for this documentation.
> * Why you shouldn't use the GFDL:: Debian doesn't recommend using this
> license.

Debian can't legally distribute such an info document. Because the
GFDL is incompatible with the GPL, it is prohibited to even
create an info document from GFDL'd texinfo source. See #183860.

--
Brian M. Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0x560553e7
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare