Branden Robinson said:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 01:54:31AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
>> This reminded me of something I noticed earlier today.  The Securing
>> Debian Manual at
>> All well and good, so far.  Appendix H of the Manual, in

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ap-chroot-apache-env.en.html>>
 , has:

>>   This document is copyright 2002 Alexandre Ratti. It has been
>>   released under the GNU-FDL 1.2 (GNU Free Documentation Licence) and
>>   is included in this manual with his explicit permission.
>>
>> Doesn't that create a licence conflict?
>
> Yes.  Even RMS does not posit that the GNU GPL and the GNU FDL are
> compatible licenses.  They are not miscible in a single work except by
> a party with copyright on the complete corpus.  That's obviously not
> the case here.

Does "his explicit permission" imply a dual-license status?  By granting his
permission to include his document into a GPL-licensed work?

Perhaps a simple license clarification from Alexandre?  Did he intend to
dual-license this work under the GPL?

--Joe