Dear release team,

yocto-reader has a RC bug that was filed for multiple licensing issues. After
discussing with the bug reporter and getting advice from debian-legal (thanks
for the input), it seems that at least one of the issues is a clear violation
of our Policy (I will not discuss others in this email, you can read
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=507579 for more details).

Le Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 10:12:30PM -0800, Walter Landry a écrit :
> Charles Plessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Can you have a look to
> > and help to resolve the issue?
(…)
> >  - Wether it is acceptable to have html pages that include a link to a
> > remote
> >    non-free Google javascript.
>
> If I understand correctly, the Google javascript is required in order
> for the page to work properly.  In Debian parlance, this means that
> yocto-reader depends on the Google javascript.  So at a minimum
> yocto-reader would have to go into contrib.

My first objection was that if yocto-reader is a server, then the dependance of
the Google javascript happens privatley on a remote computer and is not an
issue for Debian. However, people may also want to install yocto-reader on
their machine through the Debian package to use it locally. In that case,
relying on the download of a remote component makes the package unfit for
Debian. I checked that commenting the <script> section that downloads the
Google javascript breaks yocto-reader.

Since yocto-reader was not distributed in Etch, is a leaf package and has a
Popcon score of 5, I suggest to remove the pakcage from Lenny in the absence its
the maintainer.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy