Le Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:18:57PM +0100, Joachim Wiedorn a écrit :

> /*    WebDownloader for X-Window
>  *
>  *    Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Koshelev Maxim
>  *    This Program is free but not GPL!!! You can't modify it
>  *    without agreement with author. You can't distribute modified
>  *    program but you can distribute unmodified program.
>  *
>  *    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>  *    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>  *    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>  */

Dear Joachim,

it looks to me like the erroneous author's summary of the Artistic licence,
that forbids to redistibute modified versions of the program under the same
name without the approbation of the author unless some special actions are
done.

But while I do not think this makes the package non-free, that it is abandonned
upstream gives another good reason to remove the package. Does it provide
functionalities that are not found in other packages?

(the answer to this question is off-topic on debian-legal, so if necessary
continuing that part of the discussion in the bug report would be preferable).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,