Le Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:56:33AM +1100, Ben Finney a écrit :

> The apparent intent of the author would be well served by the
> widely-understood and wholly free-software Expat license terms
> <URL:http://www.jclark.com/xml/copying.txt>. As it stands, only the
> copyright holders in the work can make that change.

Dear Ben and everybody,

I would like to make a small comment about the “Expat” license, that personally
I would not recommend when proposing a relicensing, because of the following
sentence:

‘The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.’

It is not easy to guess what each author will expect to be “substantial”. Some
other licenses are more explicit, for instance by requesting to reproduce the
copyright notice in source and binary distribution, or in contrary only in the
source:

http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html

  modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

     1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
        this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

     2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
        documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt

  The copyright notices in the Software and this entire statement, including
  the above license grant, this restriction and the following disclaimer, must
be
  included in all copies of the Software, in whole or in part, and all
derivative
  works of the Software, unless such copies or derivative works are solely in
the
  form of machine-executable object code generated by a source language
  processor.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy