В Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:35:45 +0100, MJ Ray написа:

> I think the suggestion is that software using python-pycurl would not
> change if they were using openssl or gnutls.  I don't understand how the
> GPL'd software is derived from openssl if it works interchangably with
> gnutls on the other side of pycurl.  Can you explain?

I see no difference between this scenario and a classic C program that
supports both OpenSSL and GnuTLS via #ifdef's and `configure' options.

Or a C program linking against an LGPL'ed library which links against
libssl.  If the library is modified to use GnuTLS instead, the program
would still continue to work with that variant of the library
interchangably (provided it is API/ABI compatible, of course).  If the
program is using the gnutls-linked variant of the library, it needs no
exception.  If it is using the openssl-linked variant, it does because of
the indirect linking with libssl.