Le Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:49:47AM -0500, Hendrik Weimer a écrit :
> Charles Plessy <ple...@debian.org> writes:
>
> > The public-domain short name is reserved for cases where the work is
> > really in the public domain in the strict legal sense of it; this is a
> > rare case (for instance, some works of U. S. government employees).
>
> US government works are only in the public domain when distributed
> within the US. In all other countries that have signed the Berne
> Convention you still need a license, which should also apply to many
> Debian mirrors.
>
> http://www.quantenblog.net/free-software/us-copyright-international

Hi,

at least for the Debian point of view, what I can say is that it redistributes
public domain US government works outside US without license, and that the FTP
team does not seem to find it problematic, as in my experience it still accepts
packages containing such works.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy