Le Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 02:45:20PM -0400, David Prévot a écrit :

> Since the “web team” is not a clearly defined entity, I propose, for
> legal purpose, that the license choice stays ours but we mandate the
> Debian project leader to publicly announce it once we have decided the
> accurate license(s) (thus there is another safeguard: the “web team”
> won't choose a silly license without a formal acknowledgement of the
> Debian project by the voice of its leader).
>
> ———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
>
> Subject: Permission to relicense my work on the Debian website
>
>   I hereby give permission to relicense my work — which consist of
>   edition or translation of portions of text from one human language to
>   another human language, that I have provided to the Debian website or
>   that I will provide in the future — to any DFSG compatible license as
>   chosen by the web team, and announced by the Debian project leader.
>
> ———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Dear David,

I would definitely agree with the above.  This said, it may be even
simpler to make the contributors relicence themselves.  For instance:

  I hereby license my past and future contributions to the Debian
  website, which consist of edition or translation of portions of text
  from one human language to another human language, under the DFSG
  compatible license that will be announced by the Debian project
  leader on the debian-devel-announce diffusion list in his next
  message titled “New license for the Debian website”.

This removes questions such as “do we have the right to give the right
to relicence”, or “what if in 10 years the website is re-relicensed
with terms that I will not like (because the DFSG will have been
amended)”, etc.

One last comment – I realise that I gave many more than average – is
that the contributors sometimes contribute some programmatic work as
makefiles or perhaps patches to some scripts.  If applicable, the
relicensing would be even more simplified by targetting all
contributions to the webwml repository.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy