Le Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 08:50:45PM +0200, Θοδωρής Λύτρας a écrit :

> https://github.com/zotero/zotero/blob/master/chrome/content/zotero-
> platform/unix/standalone/menuOverlay.xul
>
> It is a XUL template, and includes the following copyright notice:
>
> "The Original Code is Mozilla.org Code.
> The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Netscape Communications
> Corporation. Portions created by Netscape are Copyright (C) 1998-2000
> Netscape
> Communications Corporation. All Rights Reserved."
>
> It's not clear to me which (if any) parts of the code is (C) Netscape. I
> think
> they just used it as a base to write their own menu in XUL.
>
> So I wonder: should I disregard this notice and consider this file to be part
> of Zotero, and thus AGPLv3? And if not, how should I write it in my DEP-5
> compliant debian/copyright file??

Dear Theodore,

looking at this file, and after reading
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL_Overlays, I think that there is nothing
copyrightable remaining from whaterver template the Zotero authors used.
Paul's suggest to ask them for confirmation is of course good to take.

To document the current file in the machine-readable format, you can either add
the Netscape copyright statement to the paragraph containing the Files: *
pattern, as the AGPL-3+ is the main license of Zotero, or, at your option, make
a specific Files paragraph for that file.

In any case, machine-readable or not, you should not disregard copyright and
license notices when writing the Debian copryight files.

Have a nice day, and thank you very much for maintaining xul-ext-zotero !

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan