Le Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:48:35AM +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :

> > LICENSEE shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Copyright
> > Owners and their trustees, officers, employees, students and agents
> > against any and all claims arising out of the exercise of any rights
> > under this Agreement, including, without limiting the generality of
> > the foregoing, against any damages, losses or liabilities whatsoever
> > with respect to death or injury to person or damage to property
> > arising from or out of the possession, use, or operation of Software
> > or Licensed Program(s) by LICENSEE or its customers.
>
> This is an imposition of boundless and unknowable costs on the licensee,
> based on the action of other parties.
>
> It goes far beyond the (already included) warranty disclaimer, and
> reaches into the future life of the licensee to oblige legal defense of
> the copyright holder.
>
> It makes the work non-free, in my opinion.

Hi Ben and others,

I would like to advertise the packages-metadata repository:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/collab-qa/packages-metadata/
  svn://svn.debian.org/collab-qa/packages-metadata/
  http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

Today it already contains 3431 Debian copyright files.  Most of them
are up to date (but consistency checks have not been implemented yet).

Using this tool, one can search for similar license terms in the Debian
archive.  Note that the pool includes the non-free section...

Given the multiplicity of variants, it is hard to tell if there
are similar restrictions on works already accepted in Debian.  Maybe
the DNG SDK from Adobe in digikam ?

  5. INDEMNIFICATION

   If you choose to distribute the Software in a commercial product, you
   do so with the understanding that you agree to defend, indemnify and
   hold harmless Adobe against any losses, damages and costs arising
   from the claims, lawsuits or other legal actions arising out of such
   distribution.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy