On 03/12/2012 10:38, Florian Rothmaier wrote:
> Hi Jérémy,
>

> Am 01.12.2012 12:28, schrieb Jérémy Lal:
>
>> I thought "public-domain" wasn't DFSG (because it's not in some countries).
>
> That's interesting and something new to me. The "public domain"
> is listed on the page
> http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses ,
> and if you look for instance at the copyright file of the
> "sqlite3" package
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sqlite3/sqlite3_3.7.3-1/sqlite3.copyright
>  ,
> you will see that the sources are in the public domain.
>
>> Is this package targeted at non-free ?
>
> I hope it doesn't have to go to non-free.

I was wrong, sorry. Still, i had that sentence from [1] in mind :

  US law, for instance, makes it essentially impossible to place something
  in the public domain via any mechanism other than dying and waiting 75 years
  (or whatever it is now).

Jérémy.

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/08/msg00005.html