Le Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 05:54:46PM -0400, Paul Tagliamonte a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:55:33PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > CC licenses may be "perfectly fine" in *your* opinion.
> > Apparently in many other people's opinion, too.
> > But they are not in *my* opinion.
>
> Sorry, this was not *my* opinion, it was *Debian*'s opinion. This *is*
> debian-legal, isn't it?

Hi Paul,

Frankly speaking, "Debian's opinion" on the CC licenses does not exist.  There
is the empirical observation that this or that CC license is accepted or
rejected from our archive, with both false positives and false negatives, and
there is not any document that presents logically and clearly the facts behind
the FTP team's choice of accepting version 3.0 and rejecting older versions.

Given that the difference between the accepted and rejected license is so thin,
I think that we can not blame people being unsatisfied in one direction or the
other and telling it repeatedly their opinion on that matter.  If you do not
like this, please write a convincing and authoritative explanation of "Debian's
opinion", that will close the debate.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse