Le Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:47:02PM +0200, Francesco Poli a écrit :

> I am personally convinced that nowadays the definition of source should
> *no longer* be regarded as an open question: I think that the most
> commonly used and accepted definition of source code is the one found
> in the GNU GPL license.

Hi Francesco and everybody,

sorry for drifting that thread further... I can not help adding that, the world
being in perpetual change, the definition of source will one day become an open
question again.  My favorite guess is that at some point, it will be argued
that the commit messages and the revisions of a file are part the source, since
inspecting them is part of the "preferred" way to modify the file.  But we are
not there yet...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy