> One significant lack is that the permissions do not include explicit
> permission for a recipient to license the work to third parties under
> the same conditions. This fails DFSG §3.

I think that you're misinterpreting DFSG §3. A user needs the right to
distribute the work such that the people who receive it from her have
the same rights as she did. Whether these rights are given by the
distributor or the author is immaterial.

Indeed, this is consistent with DSFG §10, which states that the BSD
license contained at this link is an example of a DFSG-free license:
https://www.debian.org/misc/bsd.license

Note that the above license does not contain the right to sublicense.