On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 1:21 AM David Bannon wrote:

> Unusually, I will be adding code from another repository into the Debian
> Source package.

Dependencies should be packaged separately, not copied into the
package that depends on them.

> This code is distributed as a freeware. You are free to use it as part  of
> your application for any purpose including freeware, commercial and
> shareware applications. The origin of this source code must not be
> misrepresented; you must not claim your authorship. All redistributions  of
> the original or modified source code must retain the original copyright
> notice. The Author accepts no liability for any damage that may result  from
> using this code.

This license contains an implicit permission to modify, but it would
be much better to make it explicit. If you are going to go to the
trouble of asking upstream to get permission from all the copyright
holders to change the license, it would be much better to just switch
to a standard license (GPL, MIT or BSD) though.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise