On Tue, 27 Jul, 2021, 9:02 pm Steffen Möller, <steffen_moel...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This package is one of the closest that we have on our radar to suit
> virologists, to I went for CATCH from the broad institute at
> https://github.com/broadinstitute/catch . Conda has it already, does not
> surface on bio.tools, though.
>
> Testing takes quite a while (~15mins) and the few that fail seem to
> depend on viral sequence data that cannot be downloaded. So, I consider
> the package functional, but don't really know what to do with the test
> that fail because they have to fail.
>
> Are there suggestions from your sides what to do about them?
>
> On another note, when I just wanted to inject it all to salsa, it failed
> to create the pristine-tar:
>

> [...]

> That file is small
>
> $ du -sh catch/datasets/data/achimota_rubulavirus_1.fasta.gz
> 8.5K    catch/datasets/data/achimota_rubulavirus_1.fasta.gz
>
> so there is no need for git-lsf in the first place, right?

Yes, no need. It looks weird on first look though

Any idea?

If you have the sources in a non-git repository could you do something like:

$ dpkg-source -b .
$ cd ..
$ gbp import-dsc --pristine-tar <your .dsc file>

And see what you get?

> <snip>
> Huge test log
> </snip>

Some of these don't work due to a missing .tsv file, others because they
try to access internet w/ urllib, few others due to a missing fasta file.

But it's difficult to debug till we have a repository in salsa to look
stuff up and fix, so if you could commit, it'd be easy to move forward

Nilesh