On Monday, March 18, 2024 2:21:16 PM MST itd wrote:
> > - d/watch / this dsc
> >
> >   uscan download this:
> >     c8c2a048f4aa105aae389d9d765b76057d4998dbfc29a7dfeaf66351eaa7cba1
> >     batsignal_1.8.0.orig.tar.gz>
> >   your dsc contains:
> >     d02e5c821d41e72c30d00bb88759287f9b74225e1217158e5e59f11ba03d5a5b
> >     batsignal_1.8.0.orig.tar.xz>
> >   when constructing your dsc, please make sure to use the same file as
> >   uscan would produce. (I've verified that the content of both orig files is
> >   identical)
> Ouch, sorry about that.  If I understand diffoscope correctly it's
> indeed only the timestamps that differ.  d/watch's version uses the date
> of the upstream repo's 1.8.0 tag.  My version, created via gbp, uses the
> date of my repo's upstream/1.8.0 tag.  I'll try to figure out how to
> solve this.

Without knowing for certain, I would suspect that the problem is that gbp is
repacking your
orig.tar as an .xz (the upstream is .gz).  That is fine if a repack is
intended, but in that case
the file name should be something more like batsignal_1.8.0+dfsg.orig.tar.xz or
batsignal_1.8.0+ds.orig.tar.xz.

If you do intend to repackage the upstream tarball you should indicate it in
the package
version (+dfsg for upstream tarballs that need non-free components removed and
+ds for
tarballs that have things removed for reasons like size).

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What_does_.2BIBw-dfsg.2BIB0_or_.2BIBw-ds.
2BIB0_in_the_version_string_mean.3F[1]

If you don’t intend to repackage the upstream tarball you probably need to
modify your
configuration to not do so.

--
Soren Stoutner