Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: normal

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "runit":

 * Package name     : runit
   Version          : 2.1.2-59
   Upstream contact : Gerrit Pape <p...@smarden.org>
 * URL              : http://smarden.org/runit/
 * License          : CC0-1.0, BSD-3-clause, GPL-3+
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/debian/runit
   Section          : admin

The source builds the following binary packages:

  runit - system-wide service supervision
  runit-run - service supervision (systemd and sysv integration)
  getty-run - runscripts to supervise getty processes
  runit-init - system-wide service supervision (as init system)

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/runit/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this
command:

  dget -x
  https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/runit/runit_2.1.2-59.dsc

Git repo:

  https://salsa.debian.org/debian/runit/-/tree/next?ref_type=heads

Changes since the last upload:

 runit (2.1.2-59) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * upload to unstable
   * d/copyright: update years
   * d/watch: use https instead of http
   * lintian: update overrides for runit
   * Revert "d/rules: undo changelog trimming for runit"
   * update-service: add bash-completion
   * cpsv: update manpage

About the getty-run.NEWS in a previous RFS(#1057098):

On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:06:46 +0100 Tobias Frost <t...@debian.org> wrote:

> You've misunderstood me with NEWS file (but this is not a stopper for
> the upload.)
>
> What I meant is that the NEWS file is that old that it should be
> removed. (Debhelper just pointed me to the file, even if it did
> not correctly disagnose the issue)
> This is even more correct if debhelper decided to strip out that
> version from d/changelog anyways, users will not get this NEWS
> files displayed, and the information in it shouldn't be relveant
> anymore.
> So my suggestion would be to just rm it.

I prefer not to remove this for now, the info inside the file are
relevant for me (as maintainer) since I would like to remove the
links in getty-run.links in the future (they are kind of a policy
violation) but I face the same issue as Dmitry..

Regards,
Lorenzo