Hi Xiyue,

when packaging a git snapshot, I feel this should be indicated in the
upstream version that it is based on the old one, something like
<last-upstream-version>+<git-snapshot-indicator>

In your case I'd 20210802+git20231023 as upstream version.

Long time ago I did something like that for dhewm3, you
can see the watch file here:
https://salsa.debian.org/games-team/dhewm3/-/blob/debian/1.5.0+git20181221+dfsg-1/debian/watch?ref_type=tags

(not marking moreinfo, as other people might see that differently.)

--
tobi