On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 09:17:55AM +0100, Nicholas Helps wrote:

> Hello Stephen (and everyone else),

Howdy Nicholas,

> Being polite this time ;-)
>
> Glad the step by step worked. Please make sure you acknowledge Rick as well,
> without this help, I would never have gotten my install working either....
> The list works!

Absolutely. I believe he has some additions for the SxS as well.

> Having read the other posts about the expert installer setting, I would add
> that in my experience setting the installer to expert did not allow me to
> avoid the installer trying to install quik. On older versions (eg Woody) even
> without putting the installer in expert mode one could stop this (and the
> install manual explained how). With Etch, the installer just pushed ahead
> regardless of what I tried to do to stop it. Fortunately, since quik does not
> work with ext3 file systems, it aborted.

I consider this a bug. Perhaps I should file one then ? What's the best way to
do this;
reportbug ? Rick perhaps you can chime in here ...

> Hope you enjoy your new system. I have found Debian to run extremely well on
> these systems.

Yes it is quite a bit snappier then MacOS X, and my SCSI Agfa scanner, "just
works". Xsane
autoconfigured it !

--
Regards,