Hi Alexis,

Note that the debian-project mailing list is for internal discussions of the
debian-project; debian-user is probably a better mailing list for questions
such as this.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 06:29:11PM -0400, Alexis E wrote:
> Dear Debian Mailing List,
>     I am working on a project which requires libc6. When I build this
> project on my laptop, the project works fine as it builds for the libc6 on
> my laptop, however, when I build it in Github actions, the project fails to
> run, due to Debian not having a libc6 version as low as GLibC 2.32. I've
> tried to compile my project to musl, statically, and even just embedding
> the correct version of libc6 in the lib folder that I set my rpath to. I've
> either had segfaults or failed builds. I would like to ask how I can either
> support an older version of libc6 or upgrade any customers' systems to the
> correct version. I'd also happily accept not requiring libc6 at all.

The basic fact is that Linux binaries built in one environment are not
guaranteed to be portable to run on other Linux distributions (or other
versions of the same distribution).

If github actions give you the option of building in a Debian stable
environment, that would address your needs.

But I wouldn't generally regard github as a production build environment.

The other option is that you can wait for the next Debian stable release,
which will bring glibc 2.36...

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org