Dear Mechtilde,

thanks for taking time to reply.

Am 28.07.2023 07:31 schrieb Mechtilde:
Did you try to build the last released version?
What are your problems to build backintime?

At upstream I have no problems to build and test it because I'm upstream. ;)

But in my understanding the problem described in the bug ticket is about building the package in Debian's build environment (servers?) where I have no idea about. Some of the checking tools (lintian?) might have a problem because my unit tests do write to home filesystem which is not allowed or possible in Debian's build environment. That is how I understand the ticket.

At https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/backintime I can't find the right log or info describing the problem in detail. I'm not familiar with the system. That is why I ask questions like this because it is an opportunity to improve my understanding of Debian's build environment and learn more about all the fancy build-info (DD, UD, lintian, xyz, ...) links available.

May I open a separate thread about the problem described in the ticket?

Kind
Christian