Hi again,

Am Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 11:06:13AM +0000 schrieb c.bu...@posteo.jp:
> Thanks for all your answers.
>
> Am 15.03.2024 11:07 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> > Please try a web search for instance with the terms
> > [...]
> > which brought several helpful links.  Alternatively you can ask ChatGPT,
> > Gemini or the LLM of your choice
>
> I am a bit shocked about that advise. For what was Hypertext invented?

Sorry if I might have been a bit blunt. I admit you Wiki changes are OK.

> My mail was not a support question but a Feature Request. Of course I am
> able to search this myself. But this won't help future readers and also
> won't improve the quality of the docs. The latter is my intention.

I'm fine if someone wants to improve the docs.

> Basic knowledge is needed to understand? Of course this is always the case
> in every section of live and the world.
> But why not point to that knowledge? That is what Hypertext is invented for.
>
> > I do not think that things which are easy to find
>
> No it is not "easy" when I have to run search engine for it. It is also not
> sustainable.

Well, I'm usually a fan of letting newcomers enhance the docs since
experts might fail to see beginners hurdles.  I admit I was afraid that
the request would end up explaining very basic packaging stuff at places
where the topic is specific about using Git for the Python team.

> > and is pretty clear
> > for the average reader of the text you want to extend should be written
> > down here.
>
> I don't understand that section.

I mean that the topic of that page is "Using git for team packages" and
we should not blur that topic with information which is very basic for
the intended user audience.  Adding a hyperlink as you did is OK.
Explaining .dsc format is over the top IMHO.

To make sure you will not misunderstand me:  I did not wanted to scare
away a newcomer by redirecting to other resources of information.  I
hope that my hints where helpful enough for you to know now what .dsc
is.

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--